Terra Ceia Christian School provides…
a coeducation, liberal arts, college preparatory education with a Christian perspective for students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
To equip students academically, spiritually, and socially to serve Jesus Christ in all areas of life.
- That every student understands that a commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour determines the meaning of life.
- That every student understands their uniqueness and that they are created with gifts that God intends them to use to impact the world for Him.
- That every student develops the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully attend college or enter their chosen vocation.
- That every student is prepared for the responsible use of their abilities, talents, and time by developing a well-defined Christian worldview.
Our Statement of Faith...
This school unashamedly believes, teaches, and practices a literal interpretation of the Word of God.
- We believe the Holy Scripture of the Old and New Testament to be the inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and obedience.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally trusted in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man, created in the image of God, disobeyed, fell from his original righteousness and became dead in sin.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the incarnate, sinless Son of God, was crucified and rose, bodily, from the dead so that those who receive Him by faith would have everlasting life.
- We believe that regeneration by the power of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man, and that His indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the personal return of Christ to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God has given parents the responsibility of bringing up their children in the “nurture and admonition of the Lord.” Since the accomplishment of this objective is a very complex task, parents look to the school and the church for assistance in reaching this goal. We believe that a consistent and meaningful education will result when the home, school, and the church are in agreement on the basic concepts of life. Only when the sum total of all learning is seen in the light of God’s Word will the pupil be able to differentiate the truth from error. With the aid of Christian teachers in a Christian environment, we believe these goals will be realized.
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality: We believe that God wonderfully and unalterably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual
behavior/sexual orientation, transgender identity, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, polygamy, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of TCCS, it is imperative that all persons employed by TCCS in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, and all students agree to and abide by this statement on marriage, gender, and sexuality (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22). We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11). While not condoning the sinful behavior described in this statement on marriage, gender, and sexuality, we believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity even if their lifestyle choices are in conflict with God’s will (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the beliefs of TCCS.
Statement on the Sacredness of Life: We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies from the moment of conception, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps 139).
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired
and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the
proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of TCCS’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our board of directors is TCCS’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application to the function of our school.
Here at TCCS, families find an extension of their Christ-centered home. Students experience a group of loving Christian teachers that nurture spiritually and socially in addition to teaching their academic subjects. Students will learn about Jesus and see his love modeled by their teachers as well as have great academic, athletic and fine arts experiences.
Students will be prepared academically for college and career in the context of a Christian Worldview, preparing them to lead and impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Students at TCCS will experience:
- A Biblical worldview woven through all subjects taught
- Academic excellence through carefully chosen curriculum
- Standardized testing
- Musical performances
- Co-Curricular opportunities in the form of art, music, clubs and competitions
- Access to Learning Assistance
- College/career counseling
- Dual Enrollment options through Beaufort Community College or College at Southeastern
- Honors Courses
- Educational travel opportunities
- Compete athletically in various sports
Learn more about our offerings by selecting one of the links below: